Welcome back to another how to. This one deals with setting up a VPN connection to your office on the latest Apple operating system, Leopard (10.5)
1) Click the apple logo, and select System Preferences
2) Click on the Network icon under Internet & Network
3) If you see a locked padlock in the bottom left, click on it. Otherwise skip to step 5.
4) Enter your password in the dialog box
5) Click on the little + icon just above the padlock
6) Select “VPN” From the interface drop down.
7) Select “PPTP” From the VPN Type drop down
8) Enter the name of the company you are connecting to, and click “Create”
9) Enter the Server Address that your system administrator has provided to you, and your username. Also check the box that says “Show VPN status in menu bar”
10) Click on the “Authentication Settings” button, and enter your password
11) Almost done. Click the “Apply” button to save the changes.
12) In the top right of your screen, click the token icon that looks like this. From that, a menu will drop down. Click on the “Connect” link for your company name. This will initiate the VPN connection.
13) If all is well, after a few seconds you will be connected, and a timer will start showing you how long you’ve been connected