1. Start with a clean boot, click Start -> Run , enter “ncpa.cpl” and click ok
2. The following window should appear (or something like it)
If this window does not appear, navigate through the control panel and find “Network Connections” to get to the window above.
3. Click “File” and then “New connection”
4. Click “Next”
5. Select “Connect to the network at my workplace”, click Next
6. Select “Virtual Private Network connection”, click Next
7. Enter a descriptive name for the connection (ie: your company name), click Next
8. Enter the ip address or hostname given to you by your administrator. Do not use vpn.techienetworks.com, thats only there to illustrate. Click Next
9. Click Finish
10. To prevent all of your internet traffic flowing over the VPN connection, click “Properties”. If you require to send all the traffic over the connection, skip this step and steps 11-14
11. Switch to “Networking” Tab
12. Select “PPTP VPN” from the Type drop down, and then select “Internet Protocol” and click Properties (do not uncheck)
13. Click “Advanced”
14. Uncheck the box that says “Use default gateway on remote network”, Click Ok. Click Ok again to close the “Internet Protocol” window, and finally click OK to close the VPN properties window
15. Enter the username and password given to you by your network administrator, and click connect. Done!